In this professional program on yoga therapy, we aim to bring you the most effective aspects of traditional yoga and ayurveda combined with modern medicine.This module focuses on holistic health and an integrative approach to yoga therapy. Taught by Ganesh Mohan from the respected Indian family of Mohans we will learn specific guidelines for different conditions and general treatment principles will be detailed, empowering you to safely and effectively address Stress and anxiety related conditions through yoga. We have designed this program especially for yoga teachers and advanced practitioners, but it should also be of interest to people from related fields. The goal is to enable participants to integrate newly acquired knowledge immediately in their teaching, particularly in private sessions.
Program of Module 7: Holistic health:
1. Case studies of different health problems of body, breath, and mind.
2. Assorted conditions that require input from information in multiple modules (e.g. diabetes, cancer etc)
3. Analyzing and applying modifications of asana, pranayama, meditation for different people and needs.
4. Holistic sequencing combining goals of body, breath, and mind.
5. Practical sequences for different therapeutic needs.
Ganesh Mohan, son of A. G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, was trained from childhood in yoga and other related areas such as Vedic chanting. He is a doctor, formally trained in both modern medicine and Ayurveda. He is the co-author of the Mohans’ book, Yoga Therapy. He is deeply interested in the profound wisdom of the Yogasutras of Patanjali, which he continues to study and teach. He is also co-translator of Yoga Yajnavalkya, with AG Mohan.